Friday, June 27, 2014

Couthless So and So's I curse your name!

Some dudes have no couth (ya, I don't know how to spell, but I have couth).  See, when a big trip is coming up, in fact getting close, the chatter (just like with terrorists) ramps up.  Gear reviews, map reviews, reading logs from past trips (for the hundredth time), emailing wife's of float plane pilots, even considering alternate rivers (which shall forever remain unnamed until Mike tells everyone).  But if a dude has no cooth, he'll bale on the chatter.  I mean, only nut jobs chatter with and to themselves (or on their unread blogs).  How do you keep the excitement building when one or both of your compatriots takes a trip before the big trip?!?  I mean come on- NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND!  So Hondo is embarking on a tour De Torture (8 kids in a car for 9 hours to see 10 other people for 11 days- so he's not as uncouth cause that's a nightmare on elm street) but Pablo, he heads to Cuttyville in the Winds City!  I mean, how's that right?  He's hiking in one of the most remote and pristine trout waters in the west (WHICH I WILL NOT NAME) and I'm sitting here chattering to myself, on my blog, sheesh man.
 Even terrorists have enough cooth to not do an attack right before the big attack.  Man, no virgins for you boys in the after life or better yet, the fish gods will extract their due- wouldn't it be justice if only the Govna caught steelies for the first, say 2 days in AK!

2 comments:

Govna said...

Sun shining bright here today as I return form my lower 48 wanderings. I see my surrounds but in my minds eye I hear the rivers flowing , teeming and WAITING for you all to approach from above and savor all that is wild and free and has greater meaning than what it means to simply be there. The Kash is as wild as it gets and to know it as you now do is to know wilderness unspoiled by the tramplings of the unworthy. What will you see this go around? What fish lurk in wait? Will you survive another one? Looking forward to finding out soon enough….ML

Pablo said...

Hey! In my defense, I had to distract myself from the looming trip. Does that not grant me a pardon? Also, the Fish Gods took their revenge, we endured winds of 50 mph, hail, rain, broken tent pole and torn rain fly, I think that more than "punishes" me for my insolence.